126th Annual MIAA Indoor Track and Field Championships
May 4-5, 2017
Calvin College - Zuidema Field Track
- Calvin College Map
- Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex
- Driving directions
- Grand Rapids area dining
* All entries must be submitted via Direct Athletics Monday, May 1 by 6:00 PM.
* 4 entries/individual event, 1 entry/relay event
Heat and Flights Sheets
* Should be sent out Tuesday, May 2 by 8:00 PM.
* All seeding and flight corrections must be emails to the timing company Wednesday, May 3 by noon to Michiana Timing company email@example.com
* Final heat and flight sheets must be emailed to coaches and MIAA Track & Field coordinator Wednesday, May 3 by 3:00 PM.
* Meet seeding will be by timed finals/qualifying marks and seeded accordingly by slowest to fastest/worst to best sections and flights.
* Seeding procedures will follow the current NCAA Rule Book. Relays are seeded and placed in to preferred lanes by time.
Advancement to finals
* Track events with prelims will advance 8 athletes to finals.
* Field events will advance 9 athletes to finals from prelim flights.
* All scratched athletes will be disqualified for the rest of the meet unless the scratch occurred because of an unavoidable conflict with another event.
MIAA Field Day Games Committee
Head Coaches from the following schools will make up the games committee in 2017.
* Albion College
* Alma College
* Olivet College
Games Committee responsibilities for the two days consist of the following
* Handling appeals with the guidance of the field referee or the track referee.
* Establishing the starting heights and progressions, based on the NCAA guidelines, for both the high jump and pole vault competitions.
* Help with overseeing the qualifying procedures, and competition day decisions such as moving the high jump and pole vault competitions indoors, postponing events due to weather, etc.
Head Coaches Meetings
* Wednesday, May 3 at 10:00 AM by conference call.
* Monday, May 8 at Calvin College, Time/Location TBA.